- LatestEthiopian activist honoured for 97% FGM reduction
- Latest2,000 Malagasy women 'develop fistula each year'
- LatestHip-hop artist warns Senegal pupils about FGM
- LatestStrengthening Midwifery Care – Global Symposium (26-27 May 2013)
- LatestNew to download: FIGO Newsletter, May 2013
- Latest‘Midwives key in the fight against maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality’
Capacity Building in Education and Training
FIGO would like to thank Bayer Schering Pharma, Middle East, and Ferring Pharmaceuticals, North-East Africa, for supporting the educational and training activities of the FIGO Committee for Capacity Building in Education and Training
Committee for Capacity Building in Education and Training
chaired by Professor Luis Cabero-Roura
Approved Terms of Reference
•To provide leadership in the educational and training activities of FIGO.
•To promote the educational objectives of FIGO in the field of women’s sexual and reproductive health and rights.
•To share the values of FIGO of innovative leadership, integrity, transparency, professionalism, respect for cultural diversity and high scientific and ethical standards.
•To ensure that training is accompanied by an improvement in women’s health evaluated by appropriate indicators.
•To work with FIGO’s member societies to enhance educational and training capabilities.
•To upgrade the practice of obstetrics and gynecology through education and training.
Professor Luis Cabero-Roura (Chair)
Professor Eric Jauniaux (Co-Chair)
Dr Bernard Dickens
Professor Lynette Denny
Professor Will Stones
Professor Lesley Regan
The Lord Patel
Dr David Adamson
World Congress 2015