- LatestEthiopian activist honoured for 97% FGM reduction
- Latest2,000 Malagasy women 'develop fistula each year'
- LatestHip-hop artist warns Senegal pupils about FGM
- LatestStrengthening Midwifery Care – Global Symposium (26-27 May 2013)
- LatestNew to download: FIGO Newsletter, May 2013
- Latest‘Midwives key in the fight against maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality’
Ethical Aspects of Human Reproduction and Women's Health
Committee for the Ethical Aspects of Human Reproduction and Women’s Health
chaired by Dr Bernard Dickens
Approved Terms of Reference
•To record and study the contemporary ethical issues which emanate from research and practice in obstetrics, gynecology, and reproductive medicine.
•To focus on international issues.
•To recommend guidelines on ethical problems in training, education, science and the practice of obstetrics and gynecology.
•To bring ethical issues to the attention of FIGO member societies, physicians, and the public in developed and developing countries.
•To address the question of FIGO’s policy towards sponsorship and relationships with industry.
•To develop a bioethics curriculum in reproductive and sexual health for developing countries.
Dr Bernard Dickens (Chair)
Dr Françoise Shenfield (Co-Chair)
Dr Juan Carlos Vargas
Dr Duru Shah
Professor Gamal Serour
Professor Pak Chung Ho
Dr Hannah Motshedisi Sebitloane
Professor Joanna Cain
The Lord Patel
World Congress 2015