- LatestICM and FIGO launch joint statement on the use of misoprostol for the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage.
- LatestMarigat officials 'taking bribes to allow FGM'
- LatestUK government praises newspaper for raising awareness of FGM
- LatestHIV/Aids cases on the up in Indonesian district
- LatestFIGO supports International Women’s Day 2014 (8 March): ‘Inspiring Change’
- LatestNew FIGO resources on www.glowm.com: Family Planning and Prevention of Unsafe Abortion
FIGO would like to thank Merck Serono Egypt for providing unrestricted funds to support the Cairo Workshop of the FIGO Committee for Reproductive Medicine (18-22 September 2010); and IBSA International, for providing unrestricted funds to support the activities of the FIGO Committee for Reproductive Medicine during the year 2010.
Committee for Reproductive Medicine
chaired by Dr David Adamson
Approved Terms of Reference
• To create access to quality reproductive medical care for all women of the world.
• To develop evidence-based, culturally sensitive, cost-effective policies, guidelines and tools that are accepted as standards for increasing access to quality reproductive medical care in all countries of the world.
• To utilise processes and procedures that enable the Committee to function effectively.
• To develop consensus on its proposals consistent with all aspects of FIGO policy.
• To be recognised internationally as an expert leader in promoting ethical, quality reproductive medicine care.
• To expand the usefulness of The FIGO Fertility Tool Box™, which includes evidence-based/linked guidelines for the delivery of reproductive medical care that is culturally, religiously, politically and economically sensitive; meets the needs of women for whom the care is intended; and is cost effective.
• To develop procedures and programmes that increase capacities of member societies to integrate reproductive medicine education, preventive and comprehensive care into the overall care of women and the healthcare system of the society through use of The FIGO Fertility Tool Box ™ and other programmes/materials/instruments created by the FIGO CRM.
• By identifying the reproductive medicine needs of women.
• By identifying methods to meet the reproductive medicine needs of women by integrating reproductive medicine care into the general healthcare system for women and society.
• By creating comprehensive practical education, training and capacity-building programmes that facilitate the integration of facilities, equipment, personnel, systems and other women’s healthcare resources into the delivery of reproductive medicine services.
• To develop national and international strategies, policies, procedures and plans that advocate for the reproductive rights of women and increase access to, and quality of, reproductive medicine care by increasing awareness in the public, policy-makers, private industry, other medical professionals, non-profit organisations and women of the reproductive medicine needs of women; that result in increased financial, other support and collaboration by all of the stakeholders for increased access and quality of comprehensive reproductive medicine care for women through new initiatives, synergy and partnerships; that result in increased government/public financial and policy support for increased access and quality of comprehensive reproductive medicine care for women.
• To achieve the goals of the Committee in the period 2012-2015 through focus on development, distribution and implementation of The FIGO Fertility Tool Box ™.
Dr David Adamson (Chair), USA
Professor Siladitya Bhattacharya (Co-Chair), UK
Dr John Collins, Canada
Dr Klaus Diedrich, Germany
Associate Professor Silke Dyer, South Africa
Dr Christine Robinson, UK
Professor Egbert R te Velde, Netherlands
Professor P C Wong, Singapore
Dr Fernando Zegers, Chile
Dr Sheryl Vanderpoel, Switzerland