- LatestUnicef says communities 'key' to ending FGM in Africa
- LatestNigerian midwifery scheme has 'tremendously reduced' maternal deaths
- LatestMaternal mortalities 'on the rise' in Belgaum, India
- Latest‘People to People’ announces obstetrics and gynecology delegations to India and Costa Rica
- LatestNew to download: FIGO Newsletter, May 2013
- Latest‘Midwives key in the fight against maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality’
Women's Sexual and Reproductive Rights
Committee for Women’s Sexual and Reproductive Rights
chaired by Professor Lesley Regan
Approved Terms of Reference
•To develop a robust curriculum on women’s sexual and reproductive rights that can be adopted and adapted for medical schools across the world in order to help raise awareness of these problems amongst their students.
•To consider ways in which the material produced can be disseminated.
•To emphasise the important role of the profession, alone and in collaboration with others, in the respect, protection and implementation of human rights related to women's sexual and reproductive health.
•To increase social consciousness and awareness among members of the profession.
•To encourage member societies to use existing international human rights to improve women’s reproductive and sexual health in their countries through collaboration, education and advocacy.
•To review and add, where appropriate, technical content to the definition of sexual and reproductive rights.
•To review and update, where appropriate, standards for the respect of these rights, to which countries can be held accountable.
•To monitor and review guidelines to the health profession for the respect of these rights.
•To recommend ways in which FIGO and its constituent societies can collaborate with national governments and other organisations to further advance these rights
Professor Lesley Regan (Chair)
Dr Diane Magrane (Co-Chair)
Professor Stephen Munjanja
Professor Pak Chung Ho
Ms Adriana Lamačková
Ms Christina Zampas
Dr Pio Ivan Gomez
Dr Jantine Jacobi