- LatestICM and FIGO launch joint statement on the use of misoprostol for the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage.
- LatestMarigat officials 'taking bribes to allow FGM'
- LatestUK government praises newspaper for raising awareness of FGM
- LatestHIV/Aids cases on the up in Indonesian district
- LatestFIGO supports International Women’s Day 2014 (8 March): ‘Inspiring Change’
- LatestNew FIGO resources on www.glowm.com: Family Planning and Prevention of Unsafe Abortion
FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics
FIGO World Congress
Every three years since FIGO's founding in 1954, thousands of gynecologists and obstetricians gather in one city to spend a week analysing and discussing new medical discoveries and looking at problems and issues that can be addressed by the application of low-cost techniques.
The site for the World Congress rotates between the Africa-Eastern Mediterranean, Asia-Oceania, Europe, Latin America and North America regions of FIGO. The site is selected six years in advance by a majority vote at the General Assembly.