- LatestIncomplete HPV vaccination may still have benefits
- LatestPain control in labour could fight depression
- LatestInvest in young adolescent sexual health for long-term gain
- LatestOpen call for Fistula Surgery Fellowship Applications 2014-2015
- LatestFIGO seeks Project Manager: Misoprostol for managing post-partum haemorrhage in low-resource settings
- LatestFIGO seeks Project Manager: Fistula Surgery Training Programme
FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics
FIGO World Congress
Every three years since FIGO's founding in 1954, thousands of gynecologists and obstetricians gather in one city to spend a week analysing and discussing new medical discoveries and looking at problems and issues that can be addressed by the application of low-cost techniques.
The site for the World Congress rotates between the Africa-Eastern Mediterranean, Asia-Oceania, Europe, Latin America and North America regions of FIGO. The site is selected six years in advance by a majority vote at the General Assembly.