- LatestUnicef says communities 'key' to ending FGM in Africa
- LatestNigerian midwifery scheme has 'tremendously reduced' maternal deaths
- LatestMaternal mortalities 'on the rise' in Belgaum, India
- Latest‘People to People’ announces obstetrics and gynecology delegations to India and Costa Rica
- LatestNew to download: FIGO Newsletter, May 2013
- Latest‘Midwives key in the fight against maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality’
FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics
FIGO World Congress
Every three years since FIGO's founding in 1954, thousands of gynecologists and obstetricians gather in one city to spend a week analysing and discussing new medical discoveries and looking at problems and issues that can be addressed by the application of low-cost techniques.
The site for the World Congress rotates between the Africa-Eastern Mediterranean, Asia-Oceania, Europe, Latin America and North America regions of FIGO. The site is selected six years in advance by a majority vote at the General Assembly.