- LatestUS backs efforts to tackle spread of HIV/Aids in Uganda
- LatestChange in law 'will not eradicate FGM in Ethiopia'
- LatestCases of FGM 'often unreported in Britain'
- LatestRegistration open for the Global Congress on Maternal Nutrition: G-COMN 2014
- LatestFIGO supports World Health Day 2014
- LatestWellbeing of Women and FIGO announce Academic Fellowship
FIGO World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics
FIGO World Congress
Every three years since FIGO's founding in 1954, thousands of gynecologists and obstetricians gather in one city to spend a week analysing and discussing new medical discoveries and looking at problems and issues that can be addressed by the application of low-cost techniques.
The site for the World Congress rotates between the Africa-Eastern Mediterranean, Asia-Oceania, Europe, Latin America and North America regions of FIGO. The site is selected six years in advance by a majority vote at the General Assembly.