- LatestSomaliland maternal hospital provides women's health boost
- LatestParents in court over Kenyan FGM claims
- LatestObama backs South African fight against HIV
- LatestFIGO reaffirms commitment: World AIDS Day (1 December 2013)
- Latest FIGO’s official journal launches iPad app
- LatestFIGO reaffirms commitment: ‘International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women’ (25 November 2013)
The FIGO Congress Organising Committee is responsible for all aspects of the organisation of the World Congress and, in addition, has a brief to investigate the feasibility of intermediate regional meetings, seminars or workshops according to perceived needs.
Scientific Programme Committee
Planning of the Scientific Programme for the Congress is delegated to a dedicated Scientific Programme Committee.
This is one of the most important elements of any FIGO World Congress and consists of seminars, 'meet the experts' sessions, debates, plenary sessions, discussions on new technology, new developments, updates and interactive sessions. The programme invariably includes free oral communications sessions and sponsored symposia.