- LatestIncomplete HPV vaccination may still have benefits
- LatestPain control in labour could fight depression
- LatestInvest in young adolescent sexual health for long-term gain
- LatestOpen call for Fistula Surgery Fellowship Applications 2014-2015
- LatestFIGO seeks Project Manager: Misoprostol for managing post-partum haemorrhage in low-resource settings
- LatestFIGO seeks Project Manager: Fistula Surgery Training Programme
The FIGO Congress Organising Committee is responsible for all aspects of the organisation of the World Congress and, in addition, has a brief to investigate the feasibility of intermediate regional meetings, seminars or workshops according to perceived needs.
Scientific Programme Committee
Planning of the Scientific Programme for the Congress is delegated to a dedicated Scientific Programme Committee.
This is one of the most important elements of any FIGO World Congress and consists of seminars, 'meet the experts' sessions, debates, plenary sessions, discussions on new technology, new developments, updates and interactive sessions. The programme invariably includes free oral communications sessions and sponsored symposia.