- LatestUS backs efforts to tackle spread of HIV/Aids in Uganda
- LatestChange in law 'will not eradicate FGM in Ethiopia'
- LatestCases of FGM 'often unreported in Britain'
- LatestRegistration open for the Global Congress on Maternal Nutrition: G-COMN 2014
- LatestFIGO supports World Health Day 2014
- LatestWellbeing of Women and FIGO announce Academic Fellowship
The FIGO Congress Organising Committee is responsible for all aspects of the organisation of the World Congress and, in addition, has a brief to investigate the feasibility of intermediate regional meetings, seminars or workshops according to perceived needs.
Scientific Programme Committee
Planning of the Scientific Programme for the Congress is delegated to a dedicated Scientific Programme Committee.
This is one of the most important elements of any FIGO World Congress and consists of seminars, 'meet the experts' sessions, debates, plenary sessions, discussions on new technology, new developments, updates and interactive sessions. The programme invariably includes free oral communications sessions and sponsored symposia.