- LatestEthiopian activist honoured for 97% FGM reduction
- Latest2,000 Malagasy women 'develop fistula each year'
- LatestHip-hop artist warns Senegal pupils about FGM
- LatestStrengthening Midwifery Care – Global Symposium (26-27 May 2013)
- LatestNew to download: FIGO Newsletter, May 2013
- Latest‘Midwives key in the fight against maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality’
The General Assembly meets every three years at the time of the triennial World Congress and is composed of delegates from each affiliated association. It ratifies recommendations on the governance of the organisation made by the Executive Board, and elects the officers and new members of the Executive Board for the ensuing three-year term.
The most recent General Assembly took place in Cape Town, South Africa, in October 2009. The next will take place in Rome, Italy, in 2012.
All registered participants in the Congress are welcome to attend the sessions of the General Assembly.
World Congress 2015