- LatestUS backs efforts to tackle spread of HIV/Aids in Uganda
- LatestChange in law 'will not eradicate FGM in Ethiopia'
- LatestCases of FGM 'often unreported in Britain'
- LatestRegistration open for the Global Congress on Maternal Nutrition: G-COMN 2014
- LatestFIGO supports World Health Day 2014
- LatestWellbeing of Women and FIGO announce Academic Fellowship
FIGO classification system (PALM-COEIN) for causes of abnormal uterine bleeding in nongravid women of reproductive age
Publication year: 2011
Source: International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics, In Press, Corrected Proof, Available online 22 February 2011
Malcolm G., Munro , Hilary O.D., Critchley , Michael S., Broder , Ian S., Fraser
There is general inconsistency in the nomenclature used to describe abnormal uterine bleeding (AUB), in addition to a plethora of potential causes—several of which may coexist in a given individual. It seems clear that the development of consistent and universally accepted nomenclature is a step toward rectifying this unsatisfactory circumstance. Another requirement is the development of a classification system, on several levels, for the causes of AUB, which can be used by clinicians, investigators, and even patients to facilitate communication, clinical care, and research. This manuscript describes an ongoing process designed to achieve these goals, and presents for consideration the...