- LatestHip-hop artist warns Senegal pupils about FGM
- LatestEngenderHealth outlines 'fistula-free generation'
- LatestUK govt 'very frustrated' by absence of FGM prosecutions
- LatestStrengthening Midwifery Care – Global Symposium (26-27 May 2013)
- LatestNew to download: FIGO Newsletter, May 2013
- Latest‘Midwives key in the fight against maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality’
To donate to any of the activities listed on the right, please click on the image.
Residents of the USA who are eligible for tax relief on such donations should make cheques payable to 'The FIGO Charitable Foundation', a '501(c) 3 corporation' set established in the USA. All donations to the Charitable Foundation are passed on to FIGO to assist its work.
Donations can be made online or may be sent to (please specify particular project if you so wish):
FIGO Secretariat, FIGO House, Suite 3, Waterloo Court, 10 Theed Street, London SE1 8ST, United Kingdom.
Since its founding in 1954, every three years FIGO has organised a World Congress of Gynecology and Obstetrics. Its other activities include:
- the organisation and administration of safe motherhood projects around the world, designed to reduce maternal mortality in developing countries
- the awarding of modest grants to societies involved in the organisation of national workshops on maternal mortality and safe motherhood
- the organisation of international workshops and the De Watteville Lecture, in collaboration with IFFS (given in memory of Professor Hubert de Watteville, one of the founding fathers of FIGO)
- the awarding of fellowships
- the production of the World Report on Women’s Health, published every three years to coincide with the World Congress. This special supplement to the International Journal of Gynecology & Obstetrics represents a comprehensive overview of women’s health issues, both medical and social, such as the environment, violence against women, infertility and the effects of ageing.
Through the work of dedicated Committees and Working Groups, FIGO's work embraces many aspects of obstetrics and gynecology such as oncology, STDs/AIDS, perinatal health, education, safe motherhood, medical terminology, women physicians in the specialty, social activities on women's health, new technology, the pathology of the breast and ethics.
World Congress 2015
Ensuring high quality clinical training for the care of women with obstetric fistula
Improving the lives and health of women and newborns in the world's most underserved regions.
Advocating for and disseminating evidence-based information on misoprostol for post-partum haemorrhage for providers and clinical policy makers.
Helping to implement key strategies towards the prevention of unsafe abortion.