- LatestWeight loss ‘could help hot flashes’
- LatestHPV screening could predict cervical cancer better than Pap test
- LatestOpen call for Fistula Surgery Fellowship Applications 2014-2015
- LatestFIGO seeks Project Manager: Misoprostol for managing post-partum haemorrhage in low-resource settings
- LatestKisspeptin treatment ‘could make IVF safer’
- LatestFIGO seeks Project Manager: Fistula Surgery Training Programme
FIGO Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Initiative
FIGO Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Initiative
Donor: the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Project contact: Professor Hamid Rushwan
Background: Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) is a major component of the global burden of sexual ill-health, which has been historically overlooked. International agencies are now rightly focusing on improving ASRH and providing programmatic funding. There are currently innumerable health and social challenges facing youth of all countries, and it is time to improve our understanding of them, and to focus our energies on the alleviation of these problems. Most importantly, obstetricians and gynecologists - through their national associations and through FIGO at the international level - have an important role to play in the advancement of ASRH services
Project aims: Its aim is to strengthen the capacity of FIGO member associations to support ASRH interventions at the national level, complementing FIGO’s wider objective of strengthening its capacity to support national societies and, alongside this, increasing national societies’ capacity to play a major role in advocacy, training, policy development and reproductive health programmes.
Collaborating organisations/countries involved: India, Sudan, Turkey, Chile, Tunisia and Kenya.