- LatestICM and FIGO launch joint statement on the use of misoprostol for the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage.
- LatestMarigat officials 'taking bribes to allow FGM'
- LatestUK government praises newspaper for raising awareness of FGM
- LatestHIV/Aids cases on the up in Indonesian district
- LatestFIGO supports International Women’s Day 2014 (8 March): ‘Inspiring Change’
- LatestNew FIGO resources on www.glowm.com: Family Planning and Prevention of Unsafe Abortion
FIGO Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health Initiative
FIGO Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) Initiative
Donor: the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)
Project contact: Professor Hamid Rushwan
Background: Adolescent Sexual and Reproductive Health (ASRH) is a major component of the global burden of sexual ill-health, which has been historically overlooked. International agencies are now rightly focusing on improving ASRH and providing programmatic funding. There are currently innumerable health and social challenges facing youth of all countries, and it is time to improve our understanding of them, and to focus our energies on the alleviation of these problems. Most importantly, obstetricians and gynecologists - through their national associations and through FIGO at the international level - have an important role to play in the advancement of ASRH services
Project aims: Its aim is to strengthen the capacity of FIGO member associations to support ASRH interventions at the national level, complementing FIGO’s wider objective of strengthening its capacity to support national societies and, alongside this, increasing national societies’ capacity to play a major role in advocacy, training, policy development and reproductive health programmes.
Collaborating organisations/countries involved: India, Sudan, Turkey, Chile, Tunisia and Kenya.