Upcoming FIGO Global Webinars
FIGO’s Post Pregnancy Initiative: Long-term Maternal Implications of Pregnancy Complications—Follow-up Considerations
Time: 12:00 UK time (BST)
Description: The International Federation of Gynaecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) Postpregnancy Initiative (PPI): Long-term Maternal Implications of Pregnancy Complications—Follow-up Considerations were released in September 2019. The PPI is a further step in the work of the FIGO Pregnancy and Non-communicable Disease Committee (PNCDC) to highlight the importance of post pregnancy follow up for women globally in the efforts to reduce the occurrence of NCDs.
The focus of the guidelines are:
- Provide key messages relating to the importance of ensuring post pregnancy follow up for all mothers to improve the long-term health of mothers, their children and future generations.
- Ensure stakeholders – i.e. member societies, frontline health professionals, partner non-government organisations – understand the way in which they can make a difference.
This webinar will introduce PPI and provide good clinical practice recommendations for obstetricians and gynaecologists on the topic of follow up care for women who have had complications during pregnancy. The webinar will also highlight recommendations relating to 3 specific complications – Gestational Diabetes, Preeclampsia and Obesity management. Finally we will have a panel discussion with Prof. Moshe Hod, the chair of the FIGO Pregnancy and Non-communicable disease committee.
- Dr Faysal El Kak, (Lebanon) – Introduction to FIGO webinars
- Professor Moshe Hod, (Israel) – Prevention of non-communicable diseases by interventions in the life course – the work of FIGO’s PNCDs Committee
- Professor Eyal Sheiner, (Israel) – The FIGO Guidelines - Long-term Maternal Implications of Pregnancy Complications - Follow Up Considerations for the Ob/Gyns Community
- Dr Hema Divakar, (India) – Connecting Post-partum care with pregnancy complications: Hyperglycemia
- Professor Liona Poon, (UK) – Connecting Post-partum care with pregnancy complications: Hypertension
- Professor Fionnuala Mcauliffe, (Ireland) – Connecting Post-partum care with pregnancy complications: Nutrition and Obesity
Language: the webinar will be available in English.
Recordings from previous FIGO webinars are available to view here