We are pleased to announce the 2019 FIGO Photo Competition: Women's health, Women's Wellbeing, an opportunity to share the perspectives of your patients and your professional community with our global network.
FIGO members are on the frontline of women’s health in 132 countries. We are passionate about seeing a world where all women achieve the highest possible standards of care.
Help us keep women’s health front and centre of the global health agenda, by entering the competition and sharing your work with us.
31st May, 2019
Share a photo that represents one of the areas below. We’ve given you some suggestions, but use your eyes and your expertise:
Category 1: What does quality of care in women’s health mean to you? e.g.,
- Education and training
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams
- Listening to the patient
- Happy, healthy women who are receiving quality care
Category 2: The safe pregnancy and delivery every woman deserves, e.g.,
- Photos of happy, healthy mothers and babies
- Photos of a clean, organised delivery space
Category 3: My joy as an OBGYN, e.g.,
- A photo that shows us your favourite part of working as an OBGYN
- A photo of something you did today that made a difference to a woman’s health and wellbeing
Shortlisted photos will receive:
- Certificate of Recognition
- 3-month free subscription to the International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics (IJGO)
Winning photo(s) and photographers will be profiled in a special feature on the FIGO website and social media.
- Originality: Use your imagination and create something unique and memorable
- Effectiveness: Ability of the entry to effectively convey the message
- Quality: Composition and aesthetics of the photo submitted
The contest is open to nationals of all 132 FIGO member countries.
Photos must be taken by the entrant. Photos can be colour-corrected or have filters applied, but must not be digitally manipulated in terms of content and context.
FIGO staff are not eligible to participate in the photo contest.
How to Apply
Photo(s) must be submitted by email, along with a completed Competition Entry form.
Please mail your photo(s) and Competition Entry form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you cannot download the form, please include the following information in your email:
1. full name
4. residing country
5. photo category(s)
6. photo description (50 - 100 words)
I confirm that this photo is my original work
I confirm that I have permission from the individual(s) and institution(s) featured to share this photo
I understand that by entering the FIGO Photo Competition, the photo(s) I submit will become the property of FIGO and may be used to promote FIGO activities to improve women’s health and wellbeing worldwide
View our Photography Guidelines here.
- What are the photo specifications?
Photos must be minimum 80KB and landscape (horizontal) orientation.
- How many photos can I send?
You can submit up to five entries.
- How will my photo be used?
All photographs may feature in upcoming FIGO activities and campaigns, either print or online.
- Who is judging the competition?
- Is there prize?
Yes - see above.
- Do I need a professional camera?
No. You can take powerful, award-winning photographs with the camera on your smartphone.
- Do I need permission from the people in the photo?
Yes. Photos that do not have permission will be disqualified. You must certify that you have permission in the Competition Entry form.