How To Join FIGO
Membership is open to the national society or national federation of any country / territory representing obstetricians and gynecologists.
If your society is not yet affiliated to FIGO and you wish to apply on behalf of your organisation, the criteria for membership are as follows:
- A completed application form (available in English, French and Spanish - see accompanying information sheets below*)
- An official letter signed by the President of the society or association
- A report on the activities of the society or association carried out in the preceding 12 months
- A copy (in English, French or Spanish) of your Constitution and Bye-Laws
- A list of names and contact details (including email addresses) of your Council/Board
- A complete list of names and contact details of members of the society or association
- A declaration of the society’s or association’s intention to abide by the Articles of Association of FIGO
- An undertaking to make financial contributions to FIGO in such form and within such time limits, as may be decided by FIGO
How to apply
FIGO Trustees review applications. Assuming they are supportive, applications are reviewed by the FIGO Council at its annual meeting.
Applications found to comply with FIGO’s regulations and objectives will be submitted by the FIGO Council to the FIGO General Assembly, with a recommendation for official ratification.
The General Assembly takes place every three years at the FIGO World Congress.