Benefits of Membership
- The chance to take part in FIGO projects and make a real difference to women’s health and rights. We also provide training and development for gynecologists and obstetricians and the chance to benefit from FIGO’s programmatic, advocacy and capacity building approach.
- The opportunity to elect the Officers and the Executive Board: Member societies can nominate Officers and stand for election to the Executive Board, thus contributing to FIGO’s strategy and future direction.
- Membership Village at our World Congresses: Free registration for the President of your society and a free booth to showcase your excellent work.
- The FIGO Fellowship Programme for Member Societies in low resource countries: During our World Congresses, Fellows benefit from a week’s work placement at a hospital in the country of the Congress, plus free registration for the event.
- ‘FIGO University’: Leadership workshops run by FIGO leaders at the Congresses on themes such as governance, ‘how to lead’, finance, goal setting and relationship building.
- Membership twinning: Established societies can buddy with new or recently formed societies, offering support, exchange of ideas and practical advice.
- Free subscription to the International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics (IJGO), the prestigious, peer-reviewed official journal of FIGO.
A first point of contact at the FIGO Office: Please contact Anthony Lumley who will be happy to discuss your priorities with you and provide contact information. Anthony works with our Member Societies on membership development and he is dedicated to developing a two-way relationship in which both sides can benefit.
Find out more about the requirements and procedure for becoming a FIGO Member Society.