- LatestNew York scientists reveal HIV breakthrough
- LatestNigerian state governor vows to continue maternal mortality battle
- LatestSomaliland maternal hospital provides women's health boost
- LatestFIGO reaffirms commitment: World AIDS Day (1 December 2013)
- Latest FIGO’s official journal launches iPad app
- LatestFIGO reaffirms commitment: ‘International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women’ (25 November 2013)
‘Midwives key in the fight against maternal and newborn morbidity and mortality’
The International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) - the only global organisation representing gynecologists and obstetricians, with member associations in 125 countries/territories - strongly believes that there are excellent reasons for obstetricians and gynecologists to collaborate closely with midwives to help strengthen midwifery.
Please click here to view a statement.