- LatestICM and FIGO launch joint statement on the use of misoprostol for the treatment of postpartum haemorrhage.
- LatestMarigat officials 'taking bribes to allow FGM'
- LatestUK government praises newspaper for raising awareness of FGM
- LatestHIV/Aids cases on the up in Indonesian district
- LatestFIGO supports International Women’s Day 2014 (8 March): ‘Inspiring Change’
- LatestNew FIGO resources on www.glowm.com: Family Planning and Prevention of Unsafe Abortion
FIGO supports Scientific Declaration on Polio Eradication (11 April 2013)
Today, the world is closer than ever to eradicating polio, with just 223 cases in five countries last year. To capitalise on this time-limited opportunity to finally end the disease, a wide range of experts have signed the declaration to emphasise the achievability of polio eradication and endorse the Eradication and Endgame Strategic Plan, a new strategy by the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) to reach the end of polio by 2018.
The scientists and experts signing the declaration come from more than 75 countries and include Nobel laureates, vaccine and infectious disease experts, public health school deans, paediatricians and other health authorities.
For additional information about the Scientific Declaration or to view a full list of signatories, please visit the Emory Vaccine Center Website.