- LatestMaternal mortality boost for Nigeria
- LatestNew York scientists reveal HIV breakthrough
- LatestNigerian state governor vows to continue maternal mortality battle
- LatestFIGO reaffirms commitment: World AIDS Day (1 December 2013)
- Latest FIGO’s official journal launches iPad app
- LatestFIGO reaffirms commitment: ‘International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women’ (25 November 2013)
FIGO supports Scientific Declaration on Polio Eradication (11 April 2013)
Today, the world is closer than ever to eradicating polio, with just 223 cases in five countries last year. To capitalise on this time-limited opportunity to finally end the disease, a wide range of experts have signed the declaration to emphasise the achievability of polio eradication and endorse the Eradication and Endgame Strategic Plan, a new strategy by the Global Polio Eradication Initiative (GPEI) to reach the end of polio by 2018.
The scientists and experts signing the declaration come from more than 75 countries and include Nobel laureates, vaccine and infectious disease experts, public health school deans, paediatricians and other health authorities.
For additional information about the Scientific Declaration or to view a full list of signatories, please visit the Emory Vaccine Center Website.