Benefits of Membership
- The chance to take part in FIGO projects and make a real difference to women’s health and rights. We also provide training and development for gynecologists and obstetricians and the chance to benefit from FIGO’s programmatic, advocacy and capacity building approach.
- The opportunity to elect the Trustees and the FIGO Council: Member societies can nominate Officers and stand for election to the FIGO Council, thus contributing to FIGO’s strategy and future direction.
- Membership Village at our World Congresses: Free registration for the President of your society and a free booth to showcase your excellent work.
- The FIGO Fellowship Programme for Member Societies in low resource countries: During our World Congresses, Fellows benefit from a week’s work placement at a hospital in the country of the Congress, plus free registration for the event.
- ‘FIGO University’: Leadership workshops run by FIGO leaders at the Congresses on themes such as governance, ‘how to lead’, finance, goal setting and relationship building.
- Free subscription to the International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics (IJGO), the prestigious, peer-reviewed official journal of FIGO.
First point of Contact
Please get in touch with Rob Hucker, Head of Communications and Engagement, if you have any questions regarding how to become a Member Society.
Find out more about the requirements and procedure for becoming a FIGO Member Society.