How To Join FIGO
Membership is open to the national society or national federation of any country or territory representing obstetricians and gynecologists.
If your society is not yet affiliated with FIGO, you may apply on behalf of your organisation subject to the following requirements.
Requirements of membership
- A completed application form (available in English, French and Spanish).
- An official letter signed by the President of the society or association.
- A report on the activities of the society or association carried out in the preceding 12 months.
- A copy (in English, French or Spanish) of your Constitution and Bye-Laws.
- A list of names and contact details (including email addresses) of your Council/Board.
- A complete list of names and contact details of members of the society or association.
- A declaration of the society’s or association’s intention to abide by the Articles of Association of FIGO.
- An undertaking to make financial contributions to FIGO in such form and within such time limits, as may be decided by FIGO.
How to apply
FIGO Trustees review applications. Assuming they are supportive, applications are reviewed by the FIGO Council at its annual meeting.
Applications found to comply with FIGO’s regulations and objectives will be submitted by the FIGO Council to the FIGO General Assembly, with a recommendation for official ratification.
The General Assembly takes place every two years at the FIGO World Congress.
Between provisional acceptance by the FIGO Council and official ratification at the FIGO General Assembly, the applying society or association will receive the full benefits available to full members of FIGO.
Questions about membership
If your national member society has any questions about applying for FIGO membership, please get in touch with Olivia Bruce, Membership Engagement Coordinator.