FIGO Strategic Plan 2021–2030: Goal 1
Improve the health and wellbeing of women and girls across their life course worldwide
Through policy and advocacy, we will
- advocate for universal health coverage, including primary prevention, medical and surgical care
- reduce maternal morbidity and mortality
- accelerate efforts to reach international development targets, especially in the area of safe motherhood and newborn health, cancer prevention and treatment, non-communicable diseases and environmental exposures
- work with governments to promote the health and wellbeing of women and girls
- strengthen partnerships with professional organisations and public and private sectors to undertake collaborative efforts for the advancement of women and girls’ health and rights
- mobilise resources through grant applications, investor markets, workshops and multisector partnerships.
Through our membership and partnerships, we will
- strengthen communication with members and partners across all nations
- strengthen capacities of member societies and increase value of membership
- work in close collaboration with regional federations
- work with international partners to play a pivotal role in the development and implementation of sustainable programmes aimed at the improvement of care available to women and girls
- participate in collaborative data sharing, benchmarking, research and scientific publications, including scientific dissemination at local, regional and global levels
- promote innovations within and with other sectors to enhance women and girls’ health
- develop and implement virtual learning opportunities for member societies.
You can also use the buttons below to navigate through the online version of the strategic plan.