As part of its ongoing work, FIGO has surveyed its Member Societies worldwide on what each Member’s country is doing to combat the problem of gender violence.
Obstetricians and gynecologists should be aware of violence and its impact on women’s health and acquire the knowledge and skills necessary to identify and provide, as a minimum, the first-line response and referral to specialised services where they exist.
Please click below for more information.
- UN urges global action so women and girls everywhere can live free from all forms of violence
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women (25 November 2017)
- FIGO Violence Against Women Working Group
From the World Health Organization:
- Infographics on violence against women
- An animation video on the health sector response to violence against women
- Responding to children and adolescents who have been sexually abused: WHO clinical guidelines. These guidelines provide good practice statements and recommendations for providing a child- and adolescent-centred response (launched 19 October 2017)
- A commentary by Ian Askew, Director WHO Department of Reproductive Health and Research website
- Updated factsheet on violence against women
- Feature story on Uganda’s achievements in addressing violence against women