FIGO Strategic Plan 2021–2030: Goal 3
Advance the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology through education, training, research and advocacy, employing the highest ethical and professional standards
Through policy and advocacy, we will
- continually upgrade the practice of gynaecology and obstetrics
- share research, education and training in low-resourced settings – including humanitarian and refugee settings – that support optimal methods of care for women and girls across their life course
- maintain the highest levels of professional, scientific and ethical standards
- mobilise resources through grant applications, investor markets, workshops, multi-sector partnerships and collaborative data-sharing.
Through our membership and partnerships, we will
- provide leadership in the development and implementation of evidence-based clinical practice
- foster scientific and policy dialogues and disseminate the latest evidence in the field of obstetrics and gynaecology through high-calibre World and Regional Congresses, the International Journal of Gynecology and Obstetrics (IJGO), policy and practice statements and implementation of virtual platforms
- develop regional and membership communication at scheduled meetings by optimising FIGO communications and virtual messaging, lectureships and webinars
- provide relevant and timely information for our member societies.
You can also use the buttons below to navigate through the online version of the strategic plan.