Anette Tønnes Pedersen
Anette Tønnes Pedersen is a candidate for the position of FIGO Vice President 2021–2023.
Read the video transcript in English, French and Spanish.
Access the original biography provided by the candidate.
1978: Student (mathematics & physics), Birkerød Statsskole, Denmark
1987: Diploma examine, School of Journalism, Aarhus, Denmark
1988: Medical Degree, Faculty of Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
1997: Ph.D. thesis, Faculty of Medicine, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
2001: Authorisation, Obstetrics and Gynecology, NHS, Denmark
2009: Associate Professor, Faculty of Health and Medical Sciences, University of Copenhagen, Denmark
2004: Senior consultant, Dept. of Gynaecology & Obstetrics and The Fertility Clinic, Rigshospitalet, Copenhagen University Hospital
2005: Consultant to Maternity Worldwide, Denmark
2005: Medical expert to Danish Drug Information (Hormone Therapy)
2002: Consultant to The Danish Family Planning Association.
Medical Society Positions
2012-18: Member of the Executive Board of FIGO
2012-15: Member of Core Scientific Programme Committee of FIGO Congress Vancouver 2015
2008-13: Member of Board of The Danish Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology (Scientific Secretary)
2008-13: Member of Scientific Committee of The Nordic Federation of Societies of Obstetrics and Gynecology (NFOG)
2001-13: Member of the Steering Committee of Evidence based Gynaecologic Guidelines, The Danish Society of Obstetrics and Gynaecology.
Supervisor of 5 Ph.D graduates, 6 Master graduates and 2 Ph.D students (current)
Other scientific qualifications
- Author and co-author of 68 peer-reviewed publications
- More than 80 abstracts presented at international scientific meetings and conferences
- 17 books and book-chapters
- H-index: 21. Citations: 1434
Scientific focus areas
Sexual and reproductive health. Female reproduction, gynaecologic endocrinology, premature ovarian insufficiency (POI), hormone replacement therapy (HRT), adolescence gynaecology, family planning, disorders of sex development (DSD), congenital Müllerian anomalies, endometriosis, endoscopic surgery. Clinical and epidemiological research. Evidence-based Medicine.
Other scientific activities
Core Scientific Programme Committee of FIGO Congress Rio 2018
Core Scientific Programme Committee of FIGO Congress Vancouver 2015
Scientific Committee for 5th Nordic Endometriosis Conference in Turku, Finland 2013
Scientific Committee for 38th Nordic Congress of Obstet. and Gynecol., Bergen 2012
Org. Committee for 9th Congress of European Society of Gynecol., Copenhagen 2011
Scientific Committee for 37th Nordic Congress of Obstet. and Gynecol., Copenhagen 2010
Scientific Committee for 4th Nordic Endometriosis Conference in Trondheim, Norway 2009
Scientific Committee for 36th Nordic Congress of Obstet. and Gynecol., Reykavik 2008
Scientific Committee for 3rd Nordic Endometriosis Conference in Svendborg, Denmark 2006
Organizing Committee for 5th European Congress on Menopause, Copenhagen 2000
Other professional assessments
Posted 4 times in Ethiopia, West Wolega as consultant and medical expert for the organisation Maternity Foundation, working with Integrated Maternal Health Projects (maternal morbidity and mortality, family planning, women empowerment, mobile health, Safe Delivery app).
My visions for FIGO
- that FIGO should stay a strong performer on the global stage.I believe that reducing disparities in healthcare and advancing science, education and capacity building will improve the practice of obstetrics and gynaecology for the benefit of all women
- that FIGO should stay focused on the highest standards in reproductive and sexual healthcare for the benefit of all women. I believe that all women of the world have the right to achieve the highest possible standards of physical, mental, reproductive and sexual health and wellbeing
- that FIGO is an open, accessible, transparent and beneficial organization for all obstetricians and gynaecologist of the world. I believe that multilateral advocacy and an open and including policy is the strongest pavement of the road to these goals