Committee on Preterm Birth
The Committee on Preterm Birth is a diverse and experienced group with global representation and extensive clinical and research experience to tackle the solutions to the adverse consequences of preterm birth.
This committee aims to define, research and disseminate knowledge in this area and facilitate solutions to tackle this challenging problem. It will help bring focus to this relatively unnoticed entity that has arguably some of the worst economic, social and clinical outcomes in obstetrics and gynaecology.
- Identify key areas that can be fast tracked for immediate impact in improving outcomes related to preterm birth.
- Highlight common ground between committees that can reduce preterm birth.
- Disseminate accessible resources to implement efficient change to reduce the adverse consequences of preterm birth.
- Define research needs that will tackle the global impact of preterm delivery and facilitate early career researchers to engage with these challenges.
- Act as advocates for women and bring attention to research needs while facilitating early career researchers in this area.
Dr Catalina María Valencia González - Colombia
Professor Andrew Shennan - Past-Chair - United Kingdom
Dr Sherri Ann Suplido - Philipines
Professor Dilly Anumba - United Kingdom
Dr Madhuri Patel - India
Professor Priya Soma-Pillay - South Africa
Dr Wondimu Gudu - Ethiopia
Dr Leticia Ojeda - Argentina
Dr Nancy Sierra Lozada - Mexico
Dr Rodrigo Rigoni - Paraguay
Professor Ana Daneva - North Macedonia
Dr Sikolia Wanyonyi - Kenya
Dr Haim Abenhaim - Canada