Committee on Reproductive Medicine, Endocrinology and Infertility
With a 15% prevalence of subfertility globally, the FIGO Committee on Reproductive Medicine, Endocrinology and Infertility addresses the important issue of infertility in sexual and reproductive health.
The committee aims to spread worldwide awareness of infertility, preventive measures, targeted screening, and affordable and effective management. It has a special focus on the low- and middle-income countries. The committee is a group of clinicians, scientists and embryologists from around the world nominated to achieve this goal.
- Enhancing the knowledge and skill of clinicians and embryologists to improve fertility services around the world.
- Liaising with organisations to improve the prevention of infertility.
- Building evidence through targeted research on effective measures for the prevention and management of infertility.
- Capacity building and enhancing skills of holistic care teams, including nurses, counsellors and technicians.
- Building awareness of the prevention of, and timely interventions for, infertility.
Dr Nikhil Purandare - Chair - Ireland
Dr Jaideep Malhotra - Past-Chair - India
Dr M Louise Hull - Australia
Dr Togas Tulandi - Canada
Dr Andres Calle - Ecuador
Professor Akira Iwase - Japan
Dr Jakline Akol - South Sudan
Dr Craig Niederberger - USA
Dr Ajey Bhardwaj - USA
Dr Scott Nelson - Scotland
Dr Edgar Mocanu - Ireland
Dr Goknur Topcu - Turkey
Fertility Treatment and COVID-19 (2020)ImageRead more
Preserving fertility before cancer treatment (2019)ImageRead more
10 reasons for male infertility (2019)ImageRead more
Surgical procedures in ART – pitfalls (2016)ImageRead more
Endometriosis: Medical and surgical management of pain and infertility (2016)ImageRead more
When to refer for ART (2016)ImageRead more
OHSS prevention (2016)ImageRead more