Committee on Reproductive Medicine, Endocrinology and Infertility
With a 15% prevalence of subfertility globally, the FIGO Committee on Reproductive Medicine, Endocrinology and Infertility addresses the important issue of infertility in sexual and reproductive health.
The committee aims to spread worldwide awareness of infertility, preventive measures, targeted screening, and affordable and effective management. It has a special focus on the low- and middle-income countries. The committee is a group of clinicians, scientists and embryologists from around the world nominated to achieve this goal.
- Enhancing the knowledge and skill of clinicians and embryologists to improve fertility services around the world.
- Liaising with organisations to improve the prevention of infertility.
- Building evidence through targeted research on effective measures for the prevention and management of infertility.
- Capacity building and enhancing skills of holistic care teams, including nurses, counsellors and technicians.
- Building awareness of the prevention of, and timely interventions for, infertility.
This committee is an important global platform bringing together a group of like-minded, focused and committed individuals. We are working together on devising and developing programmes and initiatives to bring us closer to providing quality care to our beneficiaries with education, skill enhancement and cutting-edge technology.
We need to empower couples to achieve their reproductive rights globally through awareness, access and availability of this ever-evolving field of infertility and assisted reproductive technologies.
– Dr Jaideep Malhotra, Committee Chair
Dr Jaideep Malhotra, India
Dr Ivonne Diaz Yamal, Colombia – Past Chair
Professor Basil C. Tarlatzis, Greece – Ex Officio
Dr M Louise Hull, Australia
Dr Togas Tulandi, Canada
Dr Nikhil Purandare, Ireland
Dr Zephne Van Der Spuy, South Africa
Dr Laurie Henry, Belgium
Dr Frederick Kireki Omanwa, Kenya
Dr Mekdes Daba Feyssa, Ethiopia
Dr Goknur Topcu, Turkey – WATOG
Dr Zev Rosenwaks, USA
Dr Craig Neiderberger, USA
Dr Nona Mishieva, Russia
Dr James Kiarie, Kenya
Dr Edgar Mocanu, Ireland
Professor Dov Feldberg, Israel
Dr David Adamson, USA