Committee on Women's Cancer
This committee delineates and promotes primary prevention (vaccination), screening, diagnosis, staging, treatment and palliative care of gynecological cancers (cervical, endometrial, ovarian, vaginal, vulvar) through staging and other guidelines, advocacy, education, research and capacity building. It collaborates with the Committee on Well Woman Health and Care to frame screening strategies for other cancers, including breast.
- Review and revise staging for all gynaecological cancers as advancing research and practice dictates, with special attention to endometrial cancer.
- Expand collaboration with global and regional organisations (including the World Health Organization [WHO] and other international women’s cancer organisations and groups) to promote education regarding gynaecological cancers, with a particular focus on symposia, presentations and publications regarding cervical cancer elimination, palliative care, and endometrial cancer treatment and staging.
- Oversee and assist the Pilot Project to Eliminate Cervical Cancer and support local and global collaboration to achieve WHO objectives.
- Ongoing publication of guidance and staging for all aspects of gynaecologic cancer management.
- Advocacy and development of innovative methods for ensuring access to staging and other materials in all resource settings.
“Safeguard women from cancer through proactive prevention, fostering universal accessibility to women's health services for a sustainable cancer free future”
- Professor Sarikapan Wilailak, Committee Chair
Professor Sarikapan Wilailak - Thailand
Professor Jonathan Berek - USA
Professor Barbara Schmalfeldt - Germany
Dr Christina Fotopoulou - Greece
Dr Rene Pareja - Colombia
Professor Giovanni Scambia - Italy
Dr Rose Anorlu - Nigeria
Dr Yolanda Ramirez - Nicaragua
Dr Kenneth Ruzindana - Rwanda
Dr Xavier Mattias-Guiu - Spain
Associate Professor Orla M. McNally - Australia
Dr Nicole Concin - Austria
Professor Nozomu Yanaihara - Japan
Subcommittee on Endometrial Cancer
Dr Jonathan Berek, USA – Committee Chair
Dr Nicole Concin, Austria
Dr Carien Creutzberg, Netherlands
Dr Christina Fotopoulou, UK
Dr David Gaffney, USA
Professor Sean Kehoe, UK
Dr Kristina Lindemann, Norway
Dr Xavier Matias-Guiu, Spain
Dr David Mutch, USA